Set yourself apart with a career in International Business
Any business that has a website has the potential to expand their worldwide profits and market share. Yet many businesses lack the time or expertise to take advantage of the expanding global economy.
The Raj Soin College of Business develops business leaders with a global perspective. To prepare students and develop the talent businesses need, the College offers
Bachelor of Science in Business with a major in International Business and a minor in International Trade Management.
A minor in International Business for students who are pursuing other majors at Wright State.
And a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in international business.
Effective Fall 2012 to Summer 2013
Business core courses will be offered every semester. Major courses listed below may not be offered every semester. This information is provided for planning purposes and is subject to revision each semester prior to registration. Fact Sheets are available in 100 Rike Hall.
|EC 4350||Comparative Capitalist Institutions||S||EC 2040, 2050|
|FIN 3210||International Financial Management||F, S, R||FIN 2210|
|MGT 4850||International Management||F, S, R||MGT 3100|
|MKT 3300||International Marketing||F, S, R||MKT 2500|
|SCM 3340||Global Supply Chain Management||S||SCM 3070|
|IB 4860||International Trade Management*||F||FIN 2210, MGT 3100, MKT 2500|
|IB 4810||International Trade Internship**||F, S, R||IB 4860|
F = Fall
S = Spring
R = Summer
* IB 4860 is Integrated Writing.
9 Hours (Choose three of the following)
- COM 4570: Intercultural Communications
- EC 4440: Problems in Economic Development
- GEO 3100: Economic Geography
- GEO 3300: World Regional Geography
- HST 4150: Studies in Modern Europe
- HST 4400: Studies in Asian History
- HST 4500: Studies in Latin American History
- ML 2010: French Culture
- ML 2040: Latin American Culture
- ML 3020: Germanic Culture
- ML 3030: Spanish Culture
- PLS 2220: International Politics
- PLS 4510: Contemporary African Politics
- PLS 4540: Politics of the Middle East
- PLS 4560: Politics of Europe
- PLS 4580: Latin American Politics
- PLS 4600: Seminar in Comparative Politics
- PLS 4700: Topics in International Relations
- PLS 4710: International Law
- PLS 4730: American Foreign Policy
- PLS 4860: Model United Nations Seminar
- REL 3300: Introduction to Islam
- REL 3400: Topics in Asian Religion
- RST 2610: Regional Studies: Japan
- RST 2620: Regional Studies: China
- RST 2710: Regional Studies: Africa
- RST 2810: Regional Studies: Latin America
- RST 2910: Regional Studies: The Middle East
Students may select courses in an additional language to meet their cultural elective requirements:
- ARA 1010: Beginning Arabic I
- ARA 1020: Beginning Arabic II
- POR 1110: Essentials of Portuguese
- CHI 1010 - 3250: Chinese
- FR 1010 - 3250: French
- GER 1010 - 3250: German
- SPN 1010 - 3250: Spanish
To meet other students in your major, get to know the faculty better, and gain valuable career information, join the International Business club. For information, contact Lance Cauley, 116 Rike Hall, (937) 775-3497.
- Open only to non-business majors
- Junior standing (90 credit hours earned)
- Must be admitted to a major program of study
- Non-business majors may not take any business courses other than those required by this minor.
|PLS 222 - 4||International Politics||F, W, S, R||PLS 200|
|IB 201 - 4||Introduction to International Business and Trade||S|
|MGT 304 - 4||Management and Organizational Behavior||F, W, S, R|
|MGT 485 - 4||International Management||F, W, S, R||MGT 304|
|MKT 250 - 4||Principles of Marketing||F, W, S, R||EC 204 (or concurrent registration)|
|MKT 421 - 4||International Marketing||F, W, S, R||MKT 250 ("C" req.)|
4 Hours (Choose one of the following)
|FR 325 - 4||Business French||TBA||FR 203|
|GER 325 - 4||Business German||TBA||GER 203|
|SPN 325 - 4||Business Spanish||TBA||SPN 203|
*Updated planning schedules are available in 100 Rike Hall during each registration period.
International Business Minor Requirements:
- 28 hours required
- 2.0 cumulative GPA required
- Must complete at least 50% of minor courses at Wright State
The International Business minor is not open to Liberal Arts Economics (#330) or Organizational Leadership (#206) majors.