What is Marketing?
At its simplest level, marketing is about discovering people's needs and creating a product or service that satisfies those needs. That's not all, however. The product should satisfy important needs better than those of competitors. Furthermore, the benefits of the product must be compellingly communicated and the product conveniently delivered to the consumer. Doing all of these things involves different aspects of marketing, each of which corresponds to professional positions waiting in the business world.
Why choose Marketing at Wright State?:
- The Wright State Marketing Club is an official student chapter of the American Marketing Association. The club organizes the popular Wright Brothers Day on campus, takes part in national competitions, and is noted as an "Exemplary Chapter" by the American Marketing Association.
- Students create a professional portfolio to demonstrate their marketing knowledge and skills to employers. Students can take their portfolios to internship and job interviews.
- Coursework that Sets You Apart in the Job Market – Students can choose from a variety of elective courses including: Entrepreneurship, Retailing and E-Commerce, Internet Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and Services Marketing.
- Internships to Jump Start Your Career – Our emphasis on internships and applied project courses is geared for “real world” experience that allows you to apply your classroom learning and jump-start your career. We have an active internship program through our connections with some of the region’s most well-known firms
- Faculty Focused on Your Success – Our faculty go the extra-mile to assist you both academically and in your career. Our classes are taught by experienced faculty in small class settings with opportunities to develop your fullest potential.