Wright State 2009 Ethics Bowl Teams Places Fourth
Competing against students from more than 200 universities, one of Wright State University’s two Ethic’s Bowl teams placed fourth at the 2009 Midwest Regional Competition.
Wright State’s undergraduates, from diverse academic areas including International Business, Liberal Arts, Biology, Organizational Leadership and Accountancy were evaluated on their answers to complex ethical topics that were as wide-ranging in background as the team itself. Areas the team explored included: political, business and social ethics relating to immigration policy, pharmaceutical advertising, and cross-cultural adoption issues, professional ethics impacting areas such as law, medicine and engineering.
The competitors were judged on how well they stated and defended their position, whether they addressed the most relevant ethical factors of the case presented, and how well they justified their case resolutions on ethics theories and sound moral arguments.
Wright State University National Team Members, and academic areas of study:
- Derick Whitt, Team Wilbur Captain- International Business
- Danielle Tarbert, Team Orville Captain – Anthropology
- Tara Thurman- Organizational Leadership
- Nichole Wise- International Studies
- Nia Bass- Organizational Leadership
- Whitney Park- English Literature
- Michael E. Ohlson- Liberal Arts/ Religion
- Heather Hughes- Biology (Pre-med)
- Manal Al-Hasawi- Accounting
- Zachary Henderson- International Business
- Professor Andrea D. Harris, Instructor in English and Women’s Studies
- Dr. Joseph A. Petrick, Professor of Management and Executive Director, Institute for Business Integrity.