Whether you are a first year student transitioning to college life or an experienced working professional, the Raj Soin College of Business at Wright State University offers a variety of activities, services and convenient class times to help you achieve your career goals and develop a life-long network of supportive friends and colleagues.
The Raj Soin College of Business faculty and staff are dedicated to helping our students achieve their highest possible potential. Students at all levels can extend their learning beyond the classroom and differentiate themselves in the job market through a variety of options.
National Student Competitions
Raj Soin College of Business students consistently achieve top honors in strategic management, accounting, financial services, human resources ethics and marketing. Contact a professor or adviser to see if you qualify for one of the upcoming competitions.
Academic Honor Societies
Students can leverage their academic achievements and enhance their resumes by qualifying for any of national academic honor societies with local chapters in the Raj Soin College of Business. Contact an advisor for the honor society selection process.
Students can network, meet alumni and other successful business leaders and enhance their own leadership skills by participating in one of the many student clubs associated with their program. Join a club today.
Student Advisory Boards
- The Dean's Student Advisory Board - provides an open forum for innovation and improvements, brings visibility and credit to the college in the community and reaches out to prospective and new students.
- The Department's Student Advisory Board provides input for improving the curriculum and services to students.
You don't have to wait to graduate to take advantage of the many Alumni Association benefits. Students can join the Student Alumni Association and broaden your network of contacts in the region and around the globe.
Study abroad opportunities are available to fit any student's schedule and level. International experience is an excellent way to demonstrate flexibility, resourcefulness and a willingness to go beyond your comfort zone to future employers. The Center for Global Business offers study abroad experiences in China and Europe. In addition the University Center for International Education offers short term and long-term study abroad options in over 35 countries.
University Student Activities
Over 100 student organizations are available for virtually any professional group, social activity, sports, hobby, interest or affinity group. If you don't find an organization that matches your interests, you can start one!
Visit the Student Activities website to learn more.
Useful Resources for All Students
Learn how to register once you are admitted, buy books online, stay fit and enjoy the outdoors through Campus Recreation, find support services on campus and more.
Visit the Student Resources page to view useful resources and links.
A number of services tailored to the needs of first and second year students and students accepted into the Raj Soin College of Business ensure your academic success and help you meet new friends. For example, the:
- First Year Learning Experience offers a Learning Community just for business majors along with a myriad of activities and service learning projects which extend your learning beyond the class room.
- Academic Success Center offers personal tutoring and structured classes in writing, math and other areas throughout a student's academic experience
- Choosing Your Major and Career - The College offers BUS 100 - Horizons in Business which allows students to explore the curriculum and careers associated with each of the ten undergraduate business majors offered by the College. In addition Career Services offers an array of services to determine your interests and skill sets including an on line course, LA 210 Effective Career Planning.
Because the vast majority of our masters students are working full-time, students want flexibility in selecting the academic program and class times that offer the optimal balance among their career development, professional and personal priorities.
Many students value the cohort option for the weekend MBA, supply chain and information systems programs because they begin and end each program with the same group of working professionals. The small classes sizes for the evening MBA program, Accountancy and Social and Applied Economics programs also foster networking and professional relationships among students and faculty.
Social media groups are a great way for working professionals and alumni to stay in touch. Once you are accepted into your masters program, you can join your program's group on LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media sites. For example, students and alumni can join: