On this page:
Wright State's M.B.A. program has rolling admission. If you qualify, you can be admitted for any semester. Fall Semester generally starts at the end of August. Spring Semester starts in January, and Summer Semester starts in May. For further information on deadlines, view the Academic Calendar.
Applicants to the official degree-seeking Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program must meet the following admission criteria:
- A four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Your bachelor's degree does not have to be in business.
- A good academic foundation for graduate study as reflected in the applicant's cumulative undergraduate* grade point average (GPA) on a four-point scale. Applicants who have successfully completed an American graduate degree (or equivalent international graduate degree as determined by international admissions), will be reviewed based on cumulative graduate GPA.
- 3.0 to 4.0 GPA: No GMAT score required for admission.
- 2.70 to 2.99 GPA: GMAT is not required, but you will be conditionally admitted. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher after completing nine credit hours of M.B.A. coursework to be fully admitted. If they do not meet this goal, they will be denied admission. Credits earned while on conditional status will apply towards the degree requirements once fully admitted into the program.
- 2.50–2.69 GPA: Applicants may petition for admission. You are required to submit a minimum GMAT score of 400 or a minimum GRE score can be substituted for the GMAT score.
It’s easy to apply. Apply online to the Graduate School and submit the following items:
- Submit an application to the Graduate School for the M.B.A. program.
- Pay the $40 nonrefundable application fee for the Graduate School M.B.A. application. If applying online, you will be asked for your credit card information. For additional ways to pay, please contact the Graduate School.
- Submit required supporting documentation including officially certified undergraduate and graduate (if any) academic transcripts, and officially certified proof of undergraduate degree. You will upload your documents during the online application process.
All admission decisions are made by the Graduate School. The Raj Soin College of Business does not process admissions for the M.B.A. program.
- Do not send any application materials to the Raj Soin College of Business.
- Questions? Contact the Graduate School Office for more information.
No more than 12 semester hours of equivalent graduate-level credit (four classes) from an AACSB-accredited institution can be transferred. All potential transfer credit must be evaluated and approved by the Raj Soin College of Business. Speak to your M.B.A. advisor for more information.
Information for International Students
Admission requirements for the M.B.A. program are the same for international students in addition to documents required for their visa application and proof of English language proficiency. Prospective international students should visit the University Center for International Education for detailed information on the application process and the documentation required. The University Center for International Education is an international student’s primary point of contact for undergraduate and graduate admissions.
For further details, please contact the University Center for International Education.
Petition for Admission to the M.B.A. Program
Applicants with a 2.5 to 2.69 cumulative undergraduate (or graduate) GPA will not be directly admitted into the M.B.A. program. These applicants will need to submit:
- A Graduate School admission petition
- A minimum GMAT score of 400. If the GMAT score is at least 400 and GPA a 2.5 or above, then the applicant will be granted conditional admission. Conditional admit students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher after completing nine credit hours of M.B.A. coursework. If they do not meet this goal. they will be denied admission. Credits earned while in conditional admit status will apply towards the degree requirements.
- Applicants with six or more years of executive management and leadership experience may petition for conditional admission and substitute work experience for the GMAT.
Applicants who have submitted incomplete documentation or are missing documentation as determined by the Graduate School may be admitted provisionally for one semester until all official documents are received.
Non-Degree Status Graduate Student
Applicants who have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution can apply to be accepted as a non-degree seeking graduate student. Visit the Graduate School website for the non-degree application process.
- Non-degree status is not admission to the M.B.A. program. Non-degree graduate students will still have to apply to program as described above.
- Non-degree seeking graduate students can register and complete all of the 5000 level courses and up to two upper level (6000- and 7000-level) courses with permission from an M.B.A. advisor